The Western Manufacturing Alliance™ (WMA) is a Nevada Domestic Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Corporation. Initiated by Northern Nevada Development Authority (NNDA) and Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN). Established in 2016, WMA is an alliance of manufacturers, for manufacturers, led by manufacturers. An innovative, first-of-its-kind industry organization, it is focused on member profitability and on support for the implementation of Next Generation Manufacturing (NGM). WMA facilitates access to and engagement with available programs and resources, for its members. WMA expects to be a virtual organization anchored by a digital platform.
To Support the Growth and Success of Next Generation Manufacturing with Seven Key Strategies:
- Customer Focused Innovation: Develop, make, and market new products and services that meet customers’ needs at a pace faster than the competition.
- Engaged People / Human-Capital Acquisition, Development, and Retention: Secure a competitive performance advantage by having superior systems in place to recruit, hire, develop and retain talent
- Superior Process / Improvement Focus: Record annual productivity and quality gains that exceed the competition through a companywide commitment to continuous improvements.
- Supply-Chain Management and Collaboration: Develop and manage supply chains and partnerships that provide flexibility, response time and delivery performance that exceed the competition.
- Sustainability: Design and implement waste and energy-use reduction at a level that provides superior cost performance and recognizable customer value.
- Global Engagement: Secure business advantages by having people, partnerships and systems in place capable of engaging global markets and talents better than the competition.
- Access to Capital: Identify and align with financial institutions, government programs and other funding initiatives to provide capital for gap and growth financing at a sustainable cost and to support rapid response to opportunities and trends.
greenUP! is a partner resource for the Western Manufacturing Alliance (WMA) to help bring Nevada Manufacturers to a world class level by supporting next generation manufacturing with Sustainability, one of the seven key strategies supported by WMA. greenUP! will leverage the WMA to launch a green business program for Nevada. For more information on WMA: firstname.lastname@example.org.