greenUP! Hiring an Intern or Part-time Employee
greenUP! seeks and intern or part-time employee to assist with the Caron Street Green Dining District. Candidate must be willing to work in Carson City to perform job responsibilities. Schedule is flexible but work must be completed consistently during the workweek. Ideal candidate would have an education in Environmental Science or environmental work experience. College students will be considered.
Job Timeframe – January 6, 2020 through June 30, 2020
Up to 500 hours at $15/hr.
- Schedule waste audits at green dining district restaurants in Carson City.
- Attend Carson City restaurant audits to establish a baseline for measuring of waste streams including food waste and documenting waste diversion strategies at each of the sites.
- Work with up to 20 restaurants on programs to reduce their waste stream.
- Work on campaigns to promote green dining district
- Social media promotion for restaurants in the green dining district.
- May need to help plan and leverage Carson City events to promote the green dining district.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Top candidates must interview for the internship position.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
- Candidates must possess strong communication including written and presentation skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint) required.
Qualities Sought in an Intern:
- Reliability and willingness to learn
- Resourcefulness and willingness to self‐start on initiatives and projects
- Background and/or interest in working in environmental field
- Enthusiasm for sustainability issues and a passion for the environment
- Positive attitude, impeccable communication, and team player an absolute must
Apply before December 13, 2019.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Explain in cover-letter your interest in environmental work. Position will close as soon as a suitable candidate is hired.
greenUP! is a 501c3 not-for-profit that provides Environmental Education for businesses helping to cut down on waste, reduce valuable resource consumption and fight climate change.
Here’s what we support:
- Cohost the Golden Pinecone Sustainability Awards
- Green Dining District in Carson City
- Helps facilitate a Green Business Program for the state of Nevada
- Fiscal sponsor for the Green Business Engagement National Network (GBENN)