greenUP! provides environmental education for businesses helping Nevada cut down on waste, reduce valuable resource consumption and fight climate change in an environmentally safe and cost-effective manner.
The purposes for which greenUP! operates are:
- To serve as a coalition for organizations and individuals interested in environmental issues.
- To educate the general public and organizations regarding environmental issues including but not limited to energy efficiency, green business programs and education about sustainable business topics, and climate change.
- To serve as a resource of sustainability expertise, networking and inspiration to create a more sustainable business culture and economy in the Truckee Meadows, Nevada, California and nationwide.
- To promote voluntary sustainability strategies that fit the needs of unique environments and the capacity of businesses everywhere.
- Seek to establish public/private partnerships to encourage sustainability innovation across government, education, nonprofit and for-profit business sectors.
- To act as a fiscal agent and to seek funding for select sustainability initiative and projects that are consistent with greenUP!’s purpose, which are approved annually by the greenUP! Board of Directors.