greenUP! provides environmental education for businesses helping Nevada cut down on waste, reduce valuable resource consumption and fight climate change in an environmentally safe and cost-effective manner.
The purposes for which greenUP! operates are:
- To serve as a coalition for organizations and individuals interested in environmental issues.
- To educate the general public and organizations regarding environmental issues including but not limited to energy efficiency, green business programs and education about sustainable business topics, and climate change.
- To serve as a resource of sustainability expertise, networking and inspiration to create a more sustainable business culture and economy in the Truckee Meadows, Nevada, California and nationwide.
- To promote voluntary sustainability strategies that fit the needs of unique environments and the capacity of businesses everywhere.
- Seek to establish public/private partnerships to encourage sustainability innovation across government, education, nonprofit and for-profit business sectors.
- To act as a fiscal agent and to seek funding for select sustainability initiative and projects that are consistent with greenUP!’s purpose, which are approved annually by the greenUP! Board of Directors.
greenUP! in Support of Social and Environmental Justice
greenUP! is dedicated to doing work that we believe will change our communities for the better and advance the well-being of all.
We must address the fact that the environmental movement is not immune from discrimination and racial injustice. Today, environmental issues disproportionately affect communities of color and low income communities. We acknowledge that the integrity of our organization is dependent upon our commitment to doing environmental work that will benefit everyone, especially communities that have historically been excluded from the benefits of social and environmental progress. We believe that sustainable business practices will positively impact the future of our communities, and we are dedicated to ensuring that this positive impact is felt by members of all communities. In doing this work, we are committed to the fair treatment and meaningful involvement of all people, regardless of social demographic.
We acknowledge our role in changing the social status quo and are committed to staying engaged and active in environmental justice issues.
The greenUP! team